Sunday, May 6, 2012

My new friend

So, there are many delightful things about my new place. I could make a list here, but I’m going to refrain and instead focus on one.

His name is Max. He belongs to my roommate.

IMG_9805

I know he has freaky eyes in this picture, but I promise that he is a sweetheart. I love, love, love living in a house with a pet!! My family are very much pet people, so I’m accustomed to having furry friends. It’s been so nice to be in a house with a pet again.

Come on, how can you not love this?

IMG_9798

Or when he climbs up beside you or into your lap like this.

IMG_9800

He loves attention and is not above asking for it when he really wants it. This includes batting you with his paw, and if you don’t pay attention, he will sometimes sneeze to let you know that he’s frustrated. I love it when we’re sitting on the couch, and he can’t figure out how to get up beside us.

Sometimes when you come home (well, when I come home), he greets me at the door with his favorite toy in his mouth.

IMG_9801

And then we play. We like to tease him by putting it in places he’s scared to get it and then he has the funniest play howl he uses. So cute!

IMG_9802IMG_9803IMG_9804IMG_9799

In case you can’t tell, I’m a very happy pet aunt. I call myself aunt because although I enjoy the benefits of living in the house with a pet, I also enjoy not having the responsibility. I think of it in a way similar to how I love spending time with my nieces and nephews, playing with them and having a good time but not being their parents.

At some point I will have a pet of my own, but for right now, with an hour of commute time every day so I’m often gone for 10 hours at a time, I wouldn’t be a good pet owner. I’ve already decided I’d rather not have a pet than be a bad owner, so I won’t be getting one of my own. Someday though . . .

In the meantime I’ll continue to enjoy my new friend.

2 comments:

Trixie Lovelace said...

Love the puppy! Way cute!

Anderson said...

Looks like you found a good fit! That dog is going to get a lot of love now. :)