Friday, March 1, 2013

Snowshoeing!

Greetings to anyone who actually still checks my blog (cough, cough, it’s a little dusty here). Today, I hail from a little place called GMAT land. No, it’s not like the Emerald City or Candyland. It’s much less fun than that. But, I’m hoping it’ll all be over soon. Time will tell.

In any case, a LOT of time has passed since my last post. And I’ve had some very fun times I’d love to share. It would take me forever to put in all the posts I had intended to put here, so I’ll instead focus on just two. This one took place about three weeks ago.

Last year I had the wonderful opportunity to experience snowshoeing for the first time. It was hard work but lots of fun! So, when I heard that a second snowshoeing activity was being in the works, I knew I had to go.

Once again we hiked to the lovely snow-covered Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood Canyon. There was quite a bit more snow this year than last. Shocking with all the cold weather and storms we’ve had. J/K!

Anyway, as always I captured it in pictures, and they can tell the story much better than I can.

The whole group. It was a LOT smaller this year than last but still plenty of fun.

IMG_2122

IMG_2124IMG_2130

Of course here’s me, stylin’ in my snowshoes.

IMG_2127

The snow-covered canyon. I hiked all the way to the falls last year, but it resulted in a rather cold trip home after I had to slide down on my behind. Since I still don’t own snow pants, I decided to skip that part this year. Instead I captured the rest of the group walking up. Oh and the canyon of course.

IMG_2131IMG_2125

And here was our prize for finishing our hike (and just in the nick of time too because it started snowing as we were walking out).

IMG_2136

Even being lost in GMAT land, sometimes I still get to have adventures. Smile

No comments: