Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DC was great and now I'm back. . .

Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I promise I have good reasons for not writing until now, most of which are because I was on vacation. And anyone waiting in anticipation to find out all about my trip is going to be sadly disappointed. I had a lovely trip to DC (despite the terrible weather we had the entire time we were there) and I got to see a lot. However, I'm still recovering from the breakneck pace we kept whilst we were there to see the maximum amount of DC sites we could in a week, so I'm not feeling up to writing an in depth blog post tonight. Thanks to Kathryn for being such a wonderful hostess and carting us all over the city and beyond! I can honestly say I'm glad I never had to drive there, but I sure did think the Metro was divine. It got us right where we needed to go, and in a reasonable amount of time too. Fabulous!

I promise I will write more in a future post, but here a just a few pictorial highlights I'll post right now. Enjoy!
Here's me in the National Mall with the Washington Monument behind me on the very first day there, the one where it wasn't overcast and rainy, even if it was jacket weather. We had no idea how lucky we were to get such great weather that day!
Open wide. My what dirty teeth you have! How long has it been since you brushed them? (This is in the Natural History Museum in case you were wondering. :)


Here's Yuri and me with Mt. Vernon (the home of George and Martha Washington) behind us. We went on Friday.

Here's Kathryn and Yuri with Old Town Alexandria behind them, our other destination on Friday. I was told it's just like Georgetown but parking's a whole lot cheaper!

Okay, that's all for tonight, but I promise to post more tomorrow. Actually, anyone who is friends with me on Facebook should check there because I will put a full album, but probably not until this weekend because that's when I'll have time.

P.S. Sorry if the spacing is all wonky. It always does that when I post pictures, and it doesn't matter how much I try to fix it, the spacing is still off. Ugh!

No comments: