Monday, March 30, 2009

March is cruising right on past

Oh my word! I can't believe that tomorrow is the last day of March! Where in the world did this month go? Well, now that I think about it, I guess it went to trip preparations, Speak's birthday, vacation (probably the most fabulous part of all, I must admit), return from vacation, catch up from vacation and finally almost be on top of things again. I think that pretty much sums it up. I have been an active participant in everything I've done over the past month, so I can't say I don't remember what I did, but I'm just amazed at the speed in which it all happened!

I'm also going to have a little rant here about the weather. So I know this is Utah and like Idaho, Utah's weather is as changeable as it comes. And the catchphrase for March is "in like a lion and out like a lamb" although in our case, that has been reversed. It came in calmly like a lamb, but then it tricked us by snowing more this month than in February. It's torturous to have it be 70 degrees one Saturday so I'm running around in capris, a T-shirt and open-toe sandals and then the next day it gets overcast and snows! Cruel, cruel joke! And this is all because I took my coat apart. . .

Okay, I'm sure taking my coat apart had nothing to do with the change in the weather, but it sure is interesting to think it might have had something to do with it. The only reason I mention it at all is because I have a very nice double-lined coat. It's the kind that's actually three in one: a nice heavy coat with two layers, a jacket or a rain jacket. I've now taken it apart twice because the weather seemed to be getting nice so I thought I would be safe to do so. However, both times I did that, the weather turned nasty and it snowed. The moral of the story is: leave my coat put together until I'm certain it's really spring outside! (It might take until June, but we'll just have to see.)

In any case, I'm wishing March the happiest of farewells tomorrow and am hoping April brings actual spring weather as well as flowers, showers, Easter and all that good stuff. I hope you've all had an equally good month!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Au contraire. I think you and your coat cause the bad weather. It all makes sense . . . ;)

Of course, I might just be slightly bitter you enjoyed vacation more than my birthday.