Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wielding the influence we have

I'm so terrible about writing in here lately! I apologize for anyone who is a faithful reader and hopes to see more. Trust me, I'm hoping/planning to provide more! Time is just of the essence lately, and writing in my blog often gets put on the back burner, sad as that may seem. I will do my best to be more faithful, though!

Part of the reason I'm not doing as well writing in here is because I've started doing some freelance work. I wrote a script on a business last fall, and the owner liked my writing style and the way we worked together so she asked if I'd ever considered freelancing. We conversed back and forth about it, but then nothing happened so I had just about given up on it. I was surprised when she contacted me at the end of February and asked if I was still ready and willing to freelance. I said yes. I did a minor bit of work in March, but this week I started in force.

Can I just tell you that I'm seriously loving it thus far?! The work presents a challenge for me and offers something a little different than the day to day activities I do at work. It's helping me to get my creative juices flowing again, and I like that! I think it's something I've needed to do for awhile. It's too easy to get comfortable and then not be willing to push yourself out of your comfort zone, which means you don't grow. This is a good opportunity for me to do so.

Anyway, I was going to write something here about the topic I will be writing my article about. However, my friend came over and was here for awhile and now it's late, so I'm just going to close. I hope I have some good stories to share soon! Don't give up on me and my (cough, cough) lack of faithful blogging. Soon I hope I will be writing more!

No comments: