Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Upcoming Wicked Fun!

Tomorrow I get to go see a production that I've wanted to see for quite a long time: Wicked! I think it's going to be amazing and from what I've heard, nobody can really find anything about the production to criticize. Not that I'm the super discerning theater attender or anything because I'm not, but I still can't wait for this show

I remember the first time I heard anything about Wicked. It was my junior year in college (which was some years ago now I'm afraid), and we had to design a newspaper spread on a subject of our choice for my Publication Design class. One of my classmates did hers on Wicked, explaining how she had seen the production on a recent trip to New York City with her husband. She was quite animated about it, but I didn't think much about it because it didn't sound interesting to me.

Over the next few years I started hearing more buzz about Wicked, and my interest in it grew, particularly when I heard the distances friends were travelling to go see it. My interest reached an all time high about 15 months ago when my very dear roommate (not Speak but the Bibliophile) made a happy music mix for me which had two songs from Wicked on it: Dancing Through Life and Popular. My curiosity was piqued by the fact that I didn't know who most of the people talking in Dancing Through Life were. I made the Bibliophile tell me who the people were and more about the story than I'd heard from anybody else up to that point, although I wouldn't let her tell me the end.

When the opportunity to purchase Wicked tix came up last October, I jumped on it. Now, six months later the day has finally come when I get to see the show for myself! I can't wait! It's only going to be all the better because I get to see it with seven close friends. Sing it with me, "No one mourns the wicked. . ."

P.S. Yes, you can expect a review of sorts from me after the show!

2 comments:

kathryn said...

I'm so excited you get to see the play! You have no idea how sad I was when I got a new phone and couldn't keep "Loathing" as your ringtone.

Angela Brown said...

So jealous. I love going to musicals, I am alone in that love in my household however. They are showing Guys and Dolls at the Playmill this summer and I think it would be a good idea to have a girly day at the theatre... anyone else???