Monday, February 8, 2010

Life is full of ups. . . and downs

If I've learned anything in my life, especially recently, it's to expect the unexpected. You never know what's going to happen. Sometimes you win and other times you lose, but that's just the way things go, I'm afraid.

Today I learned that something I've been putting a lot of hope into isn't going to happen. I first heard about it at a time when I really needed something positive to hold onto, and it gave me something to anticipate during a time I was in desperate need of relief. It helped me to feel positive when so much else around me was frustrating and out of my control. Truthfully, it wasn't ever in my control, but anticipating that it could happen gave me something to cling to.

The knowledge that it's not going to work out is a bitter pill to swallow. I am disappointed, and I'm just going to have to deal with that until I can move on. But I'm doing my best to continue on anyway because, well, what other choice do I have? I suppose there's always a choice, but the other road is not going to lead me anywhere I really want to go.

Here's to putting one foot in front of the other even when it's really difficult and dealing with disappointment and the accompanying anger.

No comments: