Friday, July 20, 2012

Celebrating Ashley’s birthday

Okay, since it’s now after midnight, I guess we just barely passed the time when it’s officially Ashley’s birthday. However, I still wanted to share our experience celebrating it.

I decided to start my vacation a day early and head north to celebrate with my sister and her family. It was a luau, complete with tiki masks and background music of the Tiki Room at Disneyland. Ashley loved luaus, so why shouldn’t we have one for her birthday?

IMG_0228IMG_0231

A cute little palm tree in the center of the table.

IMG_0230

The cement stepping stone my sister and her kids made for our Miss Sassypants today. I don’t know if you can read the words here or not, but they say “happy, kind, loving and sassy.” It also has a butterfly in the center.

IMG_0221IMG_0222

What birthday is completely without cake and ice cream? Well, this one wasn’t either. Only, instead of cake, we had pink cupcakes with sprinkles. Then everyone helped blow out the candles.

IMG_0223IMG_0224

Finally, here is Ashley’s greeting to us, in my opinion. Rainbows are a sign of hope, so why wouldn’t she send one to us on her birthday?

IMG_0225

As sad as I’ve been about this day in the last few weeks, it was a lovely evening, and I’m grateful I was able to spend it with my family.

No comments: