Saturday, July 21, 2012

Proud of our grad!

On Friday a very important event happened for our family: my younger brother officially graduated from BYU-Idaho!! In case you can’t tell, I’m super excited and proud of him.

The grad!

IMG_0268IMG_0251

Here he is with his beautiful wife who has supported him through school.

Happy couple

My brother decided that he wanted to not only attend convocation (graduation ceremony for his college) but also commencement. It made for a somewhat long evening, but it was exciting to be able to support him. One thing I couldn’t get over is the BYU-Idaho Center. It’s huge! In comparison to the Hart Building where we used to meet, it’s almost unbelievable that the student population could ever fit in there. Crazy! Isn’t it beautiful?

BYU-I CenterMain viewOther side

Here’s three of the four Ricks College/BYU-Idaho grads in our family. It’s changed quite a bit from the time my sister was there, almost 20 years ago. In fact, it’s changed significantly in the 7 years since I graduated. As I mentioned in a previous post, I still feel it’s a wonderful school with great programs.

Three grads

Both our parents and my brother’s in-laws were able to come. It was great for him to have support from both sides of his family.

ParentsIMG_0257

Now that graduation is over, he’s officially an alumni. Here is his wife putting on his alumni pin . . .

IMG_0266

Way to go, little bro! I know you’re only going to move onward and upward from here! So proud to be your older sister!

No comments: