I was supposed to drive home to Idaho for Christmas today, emphasis on the supposed to. When I originally looked at the forecast, today was supposed to be the window of nice weather in between storms. However, this is Utah, and weather is prone to change suddenly and unexpectedly, so therefore, I will not be heading home to Idaho until tomorrow.
The most direct route to Idaho from Utah is via I-84, and that interstate remains closed due to inclement weather. The other option is to stay on I-15 and then connect to I-86 at Pocatello. That way takes longer, but if it's clear, then big whoop. However, my aunt, who is coming with me, called my parents and said it had just turned into a major blizzard in Sandy, where she lives. It was just gently snowing but then started coming down in a frenzy and freezing to her windshield no less. That became the kicker which helped us decide to wait until tomorrow.
I know it's not the end of the world, and at least I'm not like some of the travellers stranded at the Greyhound bus station. However, it makes me frustrated all the same! I only have a limited amount of time off work, and I was looking forward to spending it with my family. Oh well! One day doesn't make much difference in light of safe travelling conditions.