Monday, January 12, 2009

Losing one's voice is never fun

Do you know how much fun it is to lose your voice? I personally don't find it very amusing.

However, it's double sucky when you work at a job where you have to talk to/interview people all day long, and the first thing the client says to you when you get on the phone for an interview appointment is, "You must have a cold," it's even less amusing.

Today I was trying to think of all my tasks at work that don't involve talking, and I did a pretty good job. However, right now's the time I need to be calling clients like crazy and setting up interview appointments! I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it because what other choice do I have? I wish I could say I sound much worse than I actually feel, but that's not quite accurate. I was okay this morning, but by this afternoon, I felt pretty lousy.

Last week was a stressful week for me, and I didn't take care of myself as well as I should have. Now I'm suffering the consequences of my stupidity. Unfortunately everyone I have to talk to is also suffering since they have to hear my sick cow-sounding voice! I couldn't even have an IM convo, which doesn't involve any talking, with the Fashionista today because her computer was broken. Sad day!

Here's to hoping my voice makes its reappearance soon!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good luck with that! That is very annoying and sometimes you just have to put up with it :(