Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a lovely surprise

I meant to write this entry on Friday, but it's been a pretty busy weekend so I haven't gotten around to it until now. In fact, after this I'm going to write a Happy Birthday post, which will be exciting. However, I had to share the experience I had when I walked into work on Friday. This is the site that greeted me:

Can I just tell you how delighted and surprised I was?! I was not expecting anything like this, which only made it all the better! My dear friend from work snuck in and decorated my cube on Friday morning (with a little help from some other "work elves" as she referred to them), as you can see from the pictures.
Here's me sitting in my decorated cube. Yes, I look happy, but wouldn't you if your ordinarly bland cube was decorated pink? In fact, there was even a pink glow on the ceiling from the balloons and streamers, which made me happy. This also gave me the idea for a future blog post: Pink is a state of mind not just a color. Stay tuned for my exciting views on that subject. . .

Here's me with the culprit herself. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm posting this, but it's such a cute picture that I felt like I really should. Just as an FYI, the fact that my ensemble matches my cube is purely coincidental.


Let's hear it for great friends! And for cute decorated cubes!

No comments: