Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tender Mercies

This entry is probably going to be brief but it is rather late, and I took a little something to help me sleep tonight so I'm almost falling asleep as I type. However, I found out some neat things this week that have touched my heart so I wanted to share them.

I just want to tell you that I know our Father in Heaven watches out for us. He knows what we're going through and never gives us more than we can handle. He does give us things that test us to our very core, but he also opens a way for us to make it through whatever we are called to pass through.

My family has been a wonderful support to me through everything I've been through in the last six months. It's comforting to know that we are all dealing with the same trial even though we deal with it in different ways. But, my family can't be there for me every day, so I have a network of wonderful friends who have also reached out to me and offered support, even when I'm sure it's difficult.

I'm not going to give specifics, but I found out this week that two of my dear friends have been blessed with experiences that helped them gain an appreciation for what I'm going through and helped them know I am being taken care of. It was funny to me that I heard about them within only a couple days of each other, but it has helped me know for sure that I'm not alone. I already knew this of course, but this confirmed it. I also recognized it for what is is: a tender mercy from the Lord. He knew this latest trial was going to be one of the most difficult for me to date, but He is also providing me the support I need to make it through this, including a high level of understanding and assurance from friends helping me through it.

I know this entry is cheesy, but bear with me and just know that it comes from the heart. I don't think I'm doing a good enough job of conveying what I want to say, but just know that my heart has been touched once again.

1 comment:

Connie said...

You could never be cheesy sis!! Your words are always inspirational!! I know you are worthy of the most choice blessings Heavenly Father can give. He will walk with you through this trial. He has been with me. He has been with all of us. We love you!! Hope you have a wonderful day!! Can't wait to see you!!! (0: