Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just a Saturday evening party

Happy Sunday everyone, and what a beautiful day it is outside!! I’m seriously loving this spring weather that’s FINALLY arrived! Sorry about my two-week hiatus in writing in my blog. My computer was having some issues that I thought meant it had been hijacked so I’ve been using it on a very limited basis, but now we’re up and running again. So one of my first orders of business is to update my poor neglected blog. Smile

Just a couple weeks ago someone I work closely with got married. The wedding itself was a quiet affair and then she left for a week and a half honeymoon in Puerto Rico. She’s fairly well-known in the community, as is her new husband, so they decided to have an open house celebration to commemorate their marriage. I felt humbled to be one of the people chosen to attend. But now I have a serious problem.

The open house was going to be held at one of the nicest restaurants in downtown, and I had absolutely nothing in my closet that I felt was appropriate to wear. So, I had to go on a little shopping excursion to figure out what I should wear. Well, here are the results of my thousands of steps through many stores. And the best part is, I got a steal on this dress!

IMG_7525

Here are a few images from the party. One of my good friends agreed to go with me, which I really appreciated. He helped make it much more of a comfortable evening for me and blended seamlessly into the crowd too. Thanks be to great friends!

IMG_7520IMG_7523

Here’s me with my colleague (doesn’t she look fabulous?) and three of us Zions ladies.

IMG_7521IMG_7522

I was nervous when it got time to leave for the actual party because I’ve never really done anything like this before, but I thought the evening turned out very well. I was grateful I had the chance to attend.

1 comment:

Connie said...

You look so gorgeous!!! This dress rocks!