Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Images of Christmas Day 2011

Once again it was a fantastic Christmas spent gathered with my family.  Although I have to be honest and admit that Christmas Day on Sunday is not usually my favorite, this year I found it to be quite nice. Having our church service, which brought the real reason for the holiday front and center, was a nice touch. It meant that finishing up our actual Christmas Day was stretched out far longer than normal, but it turned out to be just fine.

This year I started out a little differently. On my way home I stopped in Logan to visit my siblings there and to celebrate Christmas with them since it appears they won’t be able to make it to my parents’ house once again this year. I don’t like it, but it’s not unexpected.

IMG_9445IMG_9446IMG_9450IMG_9439

Christmas Eve fun at my parents’ house. How cute is Santa dog? Dot, the beagle, wasn’t so keen on the costume and had it off in about 30 seconds.

IMG_9452IMG_9460

IMG_9461IMG_9465

Christmas Day fun. We started off opening our stockings and making donuts. I don’t have so many pictures of that I’m afraid because I was too busy enjoying the day.

IMG_9481IMG_9482

For the third year in a row, someone got tired and fell asleep right as we opened the presents under the tree. This year instead of falling asleep on her mommy though, she crawled up and fell asleep on me. So sweet!

IMG_9485

Reading about one of the best characters EVER in children’s lit: the Pigeon books by Mo Willems. I can’t read them now without thinking of Miss Sassypants, but that doesn’t make me enjoy them any less.

IMG_9488

Check out KK’s beautiful new dress, and big sister looks beautiful in her new outfit too.

IMG_9490

Finally, my personal favorite gift, talking bobble heads of Sean and Gus from Psych. Thanks to the Bibliophile who sent them to me. I laughed so hard when I opened them up, and I was really glad I waited until Christmas to find out what they were since they arrived early.

IMG_9493IMG_9494

1 comment:

kathryn said...

They talk, too?! That so just made it even more worth it. Also happy to see Mo continues on as a family tradition, but so sad I missed annual phone caroling this year.