Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My new tool/toy

Remember how I posted back in November about wanting a smart phone? I was very torn about it at the time, wanting it, seeing the potential benefits and yet not quite ready to commit.

After an interesting conversation with my brother and several experiences involving getting lost, I finally bent to the pressure. I’m happy to admit that I finally caved a week ago, and I’m now the happy owner of my very own iPhone. Yippee!!

IMG_9428IMG_9435

I’m familiar with the general format of the phone, since I already own an iTouch, and it operates in much the same way. I figured that I was going to enjoy the phone, but I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I do.

Every day it seems I discover something else the phone can do that is so fantastic! I love having access to my email all the time, I love texting, I love the schedule and reminders, and although I haven’t used it yet, I’m sure I’ll love the alarm clock when I use it.

One of the major reasons I wanted my phone was for the GPS feature. I haven’t had to search for directions yet, but I know that whenever I do, it will come in handy.

In the meantime, I’m doing my best to not be obsessed with it, but it’s really hard! It’s a great tool . . . as well as a fabulous toy. The camera is really nifty too.

No comments: