Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bigger than myself

So yesterday I had a bit of a wake up call. And I think it was really good for me.

I've talked a little bit in here about how difficult things have been in the last little while. It really has been tough to contemplate losing someone that I love so much and especially at such a young age. But I've forgotten, or simply not thought about, the fact that other people are going through tough times too. These might even be things that I can't imagine dealing with and, frankly, that I hope I never have to face. But life is so unexpected that you never know what's going to happen. And you can't always be prepared. In any case, it's helpful to remember that you're not the only one struggling.

I was reminded of this fact last night. It was a good thing for me too. I've been feeling rather humble about it all day. It's been good for me to remember that no matter how hard it seems sometimes, there are so many others out there who have their own set of struggles, and they're dealing as best they can too.

I just hope that I can take this opportunity to help and support someone else as so many people have helped and supported me. To remind those I come into contact with that they're not alone, and if nothing else, I can pray for them to make it through. Sometimes that's all you can really do anyway. The key is to keep the bigger picture in mind, to not get lost in your own sorrows because so many out there could really use a friend. Why can't I be that friend?

1 comment:

Anderson said...

Tammy, you are a great friend. Thank you!