Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Greetings from Idaho all my blog readers! I write this listening to the sound of seven little boys running through the house, shooting Nerf guns at each other, playing some sort of hide and seek game. We haven't had any tears until a few minutes ago but my sister addressed the issue and peace has been restored once again.

I guess it would drive some people crazy to handle all the chaos that I'm currently surrounded with but it doesn't bother me at all. To me it's just the sound of family, and my family is my life. Recent events have meant that we've been together quite often of late, and it's been great!

As I write this, I'm listening to the sound of my beautiful niece, Miss Sassypants, playing the piano. I don't know that she's felt up to playing the piano too much recently, so it's wonderful to listen to her. I decided to not go to the store with my mom and sisters (they have to pick up a few items for dinner), so she decided to stay here with me--and all the ruffians. I just calmed things down considerably though by telling them they needed to find a different activity. A couple of the boys are waiting for this computer though so I guess I need to be brief.

I think I'm getting lost in the details right now, but the true point of this post is to express gratitude for the wonderful family I've been blessed with. I meant to write some type of Thanksgiving post yesterday but didn't have the chance. I feel so blessed not only to have my fabulous parents and siblings, but also all their spouses and especially the kids. Oh how I love my children! They fill a need in my life that nobody else can fill. It's always great to be together even when things get out of control. I'm going to have to be creative to find something they can all do that doesn't involve rowdy play. Any ideas? J/K!

I was going to write more, but the boys have all disappeared into the bedroom for some "secret" meeting so I'd better go make sure they're not going to do something naughty. Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: