Friday, July 9, 2010

Just Life

If I've learned anything in my life thus far it's to expect the unexpected. Just when you think you have things figured out or you're in a good place, life pulls the rug out from underneath you and you're on your backside trying to pull yourself up again. Or, you're dealing with things on your plate okay until something else gets added to it and then you must learn how to deal with that thing too. It's incredibly frustrating!

I know, I know. That's life.

And let's face it: life is not fair. Anyone who says it is will be telling you a falsehood. :)

I don't meant to sound angry or bitter, just realistic. I've been trying so hard to cope with everything that's gone on the last few months and, all in all, I think that I've done pretty well. It's been a hard adjustment and other things have come up that have made it that much more difficult. Again, I'm doing my best to cope with everything. The only problem is that it never stops! It just keeps coming full force, and sometimes my mind reels with it all.

I regularly tell my mom to take a step back because she gets completely overwhelmed, but she is in the thick of it. I always advise her to take a step back and try to look at it in smaller fragments so it's not so daunting. I don't know that she does, but I try. Most of the time, I could be saying the same thing to myself, and I do try hard to follow my own advice, even if I'm not always successful in doing so.

I suppose I just need to remember that life is a test, and most of the time tests are hard. I can think of more than one exam I took during college that was more than a little challenging. In fact, some of them were a LOT challenging. But I made it through and a good portion of the time I got a decent grade on the test.

So that means I can make it through this period of testing too. I've just got to grit my teeth and bear it until it eases up a bit. Perhaps this also might mean faking it until I can make it. Because no matter how hard the test, it won't last forever. And I'll be all the stronger for having made it through.

No comments: