Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Surely heaven on earth

I started this post several days ago and have been so busy that I haven't had the chance to finish yet. Oh well! Better late than never, right.

I'm officially back from my favorite place. And, yes, it was still so amazing to be there! It was even better to be able to see it with my family, whom I love very much. I'm pretty sure it'll always hold a special place in my heart because of the memories I have of going there and the fact that it represents family to me.

The trip started out with a trek to Idaho Falls, which was great! I was able to stop and visit two wonderful friends en route whom I don't get to see very often. I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with them and their families. That night we enjoyed swimming and sitting in the jacuzzi at our motel. It was great! And the next day we were off to the park!

The trip started off with a bang as we saw two of the best geysers in the park: Beehive and Grand. Beehive, pictured below, is my favorite geyser and seeing it this year makes three years in a row. Yippee! :)
Then we made our way over to Grand Geyser, which is my second favorite geyser and the tallest predictable geyser in the world. We spent some quality time waiting, but not as much as we have in the past. My sister and I took Bumblebee and the Diva for a little walk while we waited. Then we saw a great show!

Daddy makes a great pillow.


Waiting





and waiting. . .



and this is when we walked to break up the wait


The show we were all waiting for. Wa-hoo!


The next morning several of us got up very early and hiked in to see Fairy Falls. It's beautiful, as you can see from the pictures. What a great way to start the day--to go on a 5-mile hike.
This is a beautiful picture my brother took on my camera as we drove into the park. I love it!



I sure love Fairy Falls!
Then it was off to see Artist Paint Pots, also known as boiling mud and back over to the other side of the park where we hoped to see another favorite geyser that we haven't watched for about four years. Of course there was more waiting involved, but, again, the show was very much worth it.


Just the fam. . . Our grins are cheesy, but we really do all love this place.



Boiling mud

Hooray for Great Fountain. It was here that I was officially told that I'm a geyser geek. I admitted to it with pride. :)


Day 3: Canyon. We hiked the North Rim Trail from the first Upper Falls viewpoint over to brink of Lower Falls, which was fabulous. n we swung down to Lake and out of the park until next year. Sad day!

Just me 'n my mom

My sister and bro-in-law at the brink of Lower Falls

Just a few fun photos of our shopping spree prior to leaving the park. Help, help, the bear is going to eat me!



The Gamer, Diva and Bumblebee by the buffalo in West.



The iconic by the sign picture. This is my brother and sister-in-law.


I wanted to put more pictures on here, but my blog is being stupid today so you'll have to check out my Facebook page for more photos of the trip. So many great ones to choose from!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

These all made me smile and remember how much I love your family and reminded me of out trip to Yellowstone...