Monday, July 19, 2010

Today's the day

Today's the day she would've turned 13. Yes, I'm referring to our beautiful angel. I've honestly been dreading this day for a couple of weeks just because I knew it would be hard, but it's been a lot better than I would've expected.

Which just goes to show me that anticipation is often worse than the actual event. :)

So what have I done to commemorate the day? Well, my sister said her goal was to do something really fun because that's what Ashley would've wanted. She and my mom were planning to take the kids swimming and just make the day a great one. And we were doing a family balloon release tonight, which I still participated in even though I'm in a different state.

I had to work today, but work was good (except this afternoon which dragged endlessly on!) so it kept me distracted. I had lunch with a great friend today who always makes me happy. I made plans with another friend to go out to dinner and to see Iron Man 2 tonight, which I've wanted to see for such a long time. It's a total man flick, but I loved it! Well, except Scarlett Johanson's sudden transformation into a superhero chick, which apparently ties into the comic book, but I didn't know that, of course. Oh well! It was funny enough to make up for it.

Happy birthday, beautiful angel! We still love and miss you very much! I hope you're still smiling down on us and are happy with how we commemorated your special day.

No comments: