Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sorting

This morning I wasn't feeling very well so I stayed home from work to rest myself up and prepare to get back into the work saddle tomorrow. I rested this morning, and this afternoon I'm feeling better. So I decided it was time to do some sorting in my room. I've known that I needed to do it for awhile but it wasn't until today that I actually made myself do it, probably since I'm at home, feeling okay at the moment and have some time on my hands.

It's been interesting for me, almost like a walk down memory lane in many ways. I keep finding hobbies that I had every intention of taking up but somehow never did, items that belong in my professional portfolio (like articles I wrote for the Scroll and D-News) and various other brick-a-brac. I'm creating a sack of items to donate to my creative nieces next time I see them because I think they'll get a lot more use out of it than I am.


I also purged my closet. Again, something that I needed to do but just haven't done yet. It was getting so crowded in there that some of the clothes were being mashed by other clothes, and the hangers couldn't hang straight. Oops! It took some will power but I got rid of quite a few things. I know it's shocking, but I tend to hold onto things for sentimental reasons, and my clothes are no exception. I kept convincing myself that although several shirts used to be my favorites or I wore them all the time that they are no longer, and it's time to let them go. My closet looks so much better now!


I found a treasure in the midst of my sorting: a picture my beautiful Miss Sassypants drew of me. I'm including it here so you can enjoy it too. Yeah, it might've made me cry just a little bit when I found it, but it's even more of a treasure now than it was when she first gave it to me. She even drew earrings and a necklace on me, which is just cute. Hooray for sorting!

No comments: