Sunday, October 17, 2010

Parking lots and people

So what is it about a parking lot that makes even sane and rational people behave like idiots? That’s what I’d like to know.

Yesterday I went to Costco to pick up a few supplies. I know that Saturday afternoon is really not the ideal time to go to Costco because that’s when everyone and their dog goes there, but, really, there was no choice.

Anyway, as I drove around the parking lot looking for a place to park, I was appalled at all the dumb things I saw people doing. From walking right down the middle of the row with no regard for the fact that’s where the cars need to be driving, to pulling out of a space without even looking to generally making a nuisance of themselves, I pretty much saw it all. Even the four-way stop seemed to stump a few people.Seriously? A four-way stop? It’s not that hard. Every side takes a turn and that’s it.

Except for the people yesterday.

I’m sure people don’t mean to make fools of themselves or act in less-than-intelligent ways. I just found it annoying when I was trying to hurry and just wasn’t in the mood to deal with people’s dumb behavior. I just hope to avoid becoming one of them myself.

No comments: