Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Walk 2010

So this weekend was exciting for many reasons. But for purposes of this post, I’m going to talk about one that’s become a tradition for me in the five years I’ve been in Salt Lake: the Pumpkin Walk!

Every year the city of Logan puts on this fun family event that involves making scenes with pumpkins, gourds, etc. It may sound weird, but it’s really fun to see. Of course there’s always a theme too. This year’s theme was much better than last year’s. It was “The Magic of Animation.” I don’t know if it just lent itself better to creative scenes or if this year’s entries were just more interesting, but it was definitely better.

I haven’t mentioned it yet, but it was also freezing! I was glad it only took us about an hour to go through. We may have (cough, cough) cheated just a little bit and gone through backwards because the line to get in was way too long. But it all worked out just fine anyway because although there’s a bottleneck right at the beginning as you walk through it spreads out and doesn’t matter anyway.

Since pictures can illustrate my point so much better than words can, I hope you’ll enjoy seeing for yourself just why I love this.

First off we have Toy Story. We discovered that they hid one of the little green aliens in every scene, but didn’t know it until we were halfway through. My nephew took great delight in finding them before we’d even had a chance to look.

Pumpkin Walk etc 097

This one’s a tip of the hat to my home state. :)

Pumpkin Walk etc 096

These two are for the Fashionista who loves both (Veggie Tales and SpongeBob).Pumpkin Walk etc 098 Pumpkin Walk etc 120 These are just too darn cute!

Pumpkin Walk etc 122  Pumpkin Walk etc 130

Come on now who doesn’t love “How to Train Your Dragon” and “Up”??

Pumpkin Walk etc 127Pumpkin Walk etc 134

Lest you think I took only pictures of the scenes (trust me when I say I didn’t), here are a few people pictures too. It was just a little bit crazy so I didn’t get as many as I would’ve liked, like an entire group shot. Oh well! Bumblebee was being so silly and kept making faces when I took the pictures. Since it was dark, I didn’t know until after the picture was taken. Oh well!

Pumpkin Walk etc 087Pumpkin Walk etc 107

Pumpkin Walk etc 112 Pumpkin Walk etc 119

Okay, I’m pretty sure that I got completely carried away but bear with me for two more pictures. One is the Fab Four (as the Fashionista likes to call them) and the other is for Miss Sassy

Technorati Tags: ,

pants, who loved Fablehaven.

Pumpkin Walk etc 138 Pumpkin Walk etc 137

No comments: