Thursday, June 23, 2011

Antsy for the action to start . . .

When one has a vacation coming up, of course one is extra busy at work getting everything ready so one can be gone, have the work covered and come back just in time to play catch up. * Sigh * Yes, it can be a bit of a vicious cycle.

But the point of this post is not to complain. Rather, it’s to point out that the anticipation of vacation is usually the best part. I’m always trying to imagine how it’s going to turn out, especially if it’s a place where I’ve never been before. It never happens quite in the way I imagine it will, but it usually turns out to be a great experience anyway.

This year’s destination is the Shakespeare Festival, where I’ve never been before.I’m excited to experience this wonderful event in Southern Utah. As a bonus I also get to see some fabulous Utah landmarks while I’m there, namely Zion National Park (make sure you don’t put the ‘s’ on there because they get very upset if you do), Bryce Canyon and Cove Fort. Fantastic! I’ve been close to all three before but have never been able to stop, so this will be a new adventure!

Even though work is extra busy the rest of this week and early next week while I get ready, I still find myself antsy for the action to start. That and I’m seriously ready for a few days off. And in a month I get to go to my favorite place, so I have that to look forward to as well.

Only a few more days until my first vacation of the summer starts. Yippee!!

No comments: