Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pictures from my race day

I know it’s been a few weeks since I ran my 5K, but I just barely got the pictures from it tonight. I’m pretty proud of myself, and it was for a special cause so I can’t resist posting a few pictures.

Here I am at the starting and finishing line. There were tons of people there, so it’s not really a clear shot, but I’m so glad I did it anyway.

100_0918100_0919

As I mentioned, this race was special because I did it in honor of someone whom I loved very much and lost a little over a year ago. Here’s the sign I wore in her honor.

100_0920

My support team who came to cheer me on. I must confess that I desperately wanted someone to be there to share this with me, but because I essentially made the decision for my parents so there was no way they could come, even if they’d been able to, it’s kind of my own fault. I was touched that my dear aunt and two cousins made the effort to be there for me . . and are the reason I have any pictures of this event.

100_0921

Yay for me being able to accomplish something so important to me.

No comments: