Monday, October 24, 2011

A little obsessed perhaps?

Confession is good for the soul, right? Well here comes one from me: sometimes I let myself get completely obsessed with something and then I want to put all my time and energy into it, no matter what else I should be doing.

But I’m pretty sure everybody does that at one point or another, so it’s okay, right?

My current obsession? Christmas shopping!

I decided last year when I was making nightly trips to major retail locations to finish up my Christmas shopping before heading home for the holidays that I really don’t like it when I do that. It’s so stressful, there’s a million people around and I feel like it takes away from the true spirit of the holiday. So, this year I want to stop that from happening by being enough of a planner to get most, if not all, of my shopping done by December 1.

I’m making good progress on my goal too. I found my first two gifts last weekend, I took care of at least part of the gifts for the kids this tonight, and I’m well on my way with a couple of others I have in mind. That’s actually what I was obsessing about tonight. Winking smile I know what I want to get, but it’s proving more expensive than I’d planned so now I’m doing my due diligence by searching out the best possible deal.

Did I have other things I could’ve and should’ve been working on tonight? Absolutely. But did I do any of them? Nope.

This is what happens when I don’t have enough going on in a given week. Oh well! At least there’s worse things I could be obsessed with, and this is all in the name of being prepared and trying to plan.

1 comment:

Kari World Conqueror said...

Haha I love it. I'd much rather be Christmas shopping than stuck in this school board meeting!