Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Up in the night

What’s a girl to do when it’s after 4 a.m. and she can’t really sleep because of the stinkin’ cold that seems to have come on yesterday and today? My nose is stuffy, my throat is sore and I’ve tossed and turned pretty much all night. I had some sleep, granted, but it was complete with very weird dreams and lots of waking up, usually when I shifted positions.

Any other day I might consider taking something despite the late hour and calling in sick to work. But that’s not an option this week. It’s a short week for me since I’m leaving on vacation in just three days, and believe me when I say I have plenty to do between now and when I take off. So, being sick even if I feel really terrible is just not an option.

This is why I’m distressed about the current sleep situation. I knew I should’ve taken something to help me sleep. Alas, when I realized that, it was far too late to do anything about it. Just a week ago we featured a company that created a natural sleep aid for kids when they have colds. I’m actually thinking I’d like to try it out for me because as far as I know adults can use it too. And it’d be a lot nicer on my body than other cough syrups that sometimes leave me feeling out of it in the morning.

Sorry, I don’t mean to make this my personal whine fest 2011. I’m just frustrated at the timing of this cold. It’s never fun to be sick, but it’s especially terrible when you’re days away from leaving on a fabulous vacation. Wish me luck to beat this thing before I go.

1 comment:

Thinking said...

hmmm...Get Well soon....Take Care.