Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Fun 2011

Compared to a few previous Halloweens, especially last year, this one was very toned down. This could’ve been because I didn’t know for sure what I was going to be until just a few days before. Then all my time was spent putting together a decent costume and I just didn’t have the creative energy (or time) to go all out as I have in the past. Oh well!

I had a great time being a gypsy this year. My dear aunt let me borrow the perfect gypsy skirt. With my peasant shirt, belly dancing scarf, six rings, 12 bracelets including 10 bangles, two necklaces and some very noisy earrings, I may not have had the most creative costume, but I was definitely the noisiest. Not that I’m good at stealth on a normal day, but I was especially not stealthy on Friday.

I wish I could say I accomplished a lot in spite of the party attitude at work, but it was mostly a play day. I did get an honorable mention for my costume, as the best “Diverse Markets” costume. I almost thought the honorable mentions were funnier than the regular awards.

Here’s the pictures of the day. This is the extent of my cube decorating. Exciting, I know.

IMG_9204

How could I help it when this is what others on my floor were doing?

IMG_9195IMG_9196IMG_9197IMG_9198IMG_9200IMG_9201

What’s inside the blacked out cube?

IMG_9202

Creepy!

IMG_9203

He’s part of the 99 percent.

IMG_9209

Fun costumes, including mine. Smile

IMG_9189IMG_9191

IMG_9206IMG_9211

Baby Rosemary the Riveter. So darling!

IMG_9215IMG_9216

Spooky food. The “orange cow pie,” really a Cinnamon Blob from Johnny Kolache, won an award for highest sugar content.

IMG_9192IMG_9213

IMG_9214IMG_9212

One more friend picture. It really was a great Halloween, in case you can’t tell.

IMG_9217

1 comment:

kathryn said...

I think I have a skirt just like that...