Monday, October 17, 2011

The sight I didn’t want to see

Like most people, I’m never very excited when Monday rolls around. It’s just not my favorite day of the week, even if it only comes once a week.

Please indulge me for a week while I complain about a particularly terrible Monday.

I might have missed the most disturbing part of the day if I’d hurried more to get ready this morning. I barley missed the 7:33 train and instead took the 7:48. I wanted to get into work right at 8 this morning, but I accepted my fate and sat patiently waiting until the next train pulled into Sandy.

We were driving along until right before the Meadowbrook (39th South) stop. The train came to a complete stop just before the station. I looked out the window and noticed the Daybreak train was at a complete stop too. No announcements were made, so I sat patiently reading for about 15 minutes and then I wondered what was going on.

I saw the reflection of emergency lights in the window, so I figured there must’ve been a car/train accident. It was worse than that. More like a pedestrian/train accident, a fatal one. Unfortunately I found that out when we drove past the body covered by a sheet with blood on it.

I’m glad I didn’t have to see the body itself, but I still found it disturbing. I discovered later on from reading an article that it was an 86-year-old man who died and under strange circumstances. I guess I’m bothered just by the loss of life this represents. I don’t know what might’ve happened to this man that he walked in front of a train. So sad!

In addition to the train incident, I also had to deal with a difficult client at work who was completely unreasonable. Normally this wouldn’t bother me but today it upset me and left me shaken.

I also received a “no” answer to something that I wanted with all of my heart to be a “yes.” I’m sure it’s for the best, but I’m just really disappointed. I’m trying to swallow it and accept it as best I can.

Anyway, I’m sorry to be so gloom and doom today. It just wasn’t a good day. But I am hopeful that tomorrow will be so much better.

No comments: