Sunday, September 16, 2012

Salute to where I come from

Anyone who knows me well also knows that I’m pretty much the queen of pictures. At any event I’m at, whether I’m with my family, friends or even co-workers, I like to document it with pictures.

So, I was distressed to discover that I seem to have a serious shortage of pictures of my grandparents. While I was home for Labor Day weekend, I set out to fix this problem! I love my grandparents very much and they’ve always been an important part of my life, especially since we lived so close to both sets of grandparents. (My parents’ choice, which has benefitted me for my whole life.)

Anyway, it was my Grandma’s 88th birthday while I was home. Here we are helping her celebrate. With the cake and with the girls. Lou-Lou, on the left, is actually named after her (her middle name Louella).

IMG_1100IMG_1102

My other grandparents know this grandma as well, and when they heard it was her birthday, they wanted to come wish her a happy birthday too. So, we had to get some group shots with them in it. Each family had their children have a picture with them. Since I don’t have kids, I saw with my cute little shadow, KK.

IMG_1109IMG_1114IMG_1117IMG_1121IMG_1123IMG_1125

And at breakfast the next day.

IMG_1140

I give a lot of credit to the person I am today to my parents who taught me, loved me and encouraged me to always be my best. However, they learned it from somewhere. I know at least some of it came from my  grandparents who have always lived exemplary lives … and who are the ones who taught my parents in the first place.

It’s a pleasure to have captured some important history while I was home. And it’s even better to be able to share it here.

No comments: