Thursday, September 6, 2012

An evening of music and friends

Sooooo, I've been a bit of a terrible blogger lately and haven’t had time to update. This would be the first of a few catch up posts that I plan to do.

Last year I discovered a wonderful Utah gem it’s so fun to attend: the Deer Valley Music Festival. This is where the Utah Symphony goes to Deer Valley Resort and performs for six weeks in the summer. The concerts are outdoor in a beautiful setting, and it’s lovely!

This year I gathered a group of friends to come with me, and we had a wonderful time. Our first concert was the Broadway Rocks concert. I got to hear the fantastic LaKisha Jones, a former Idol contestant whom I loved, and boy did she rock the house! There was another man who performed whose name I can’t remember, and he was pretty amazing too. We got to see them do everything from “Defying Gravity” to “Phantom of the Opera,” and I loved every minute of it.

I’ll let the pictures tell the story. First, our group. Second, the stage – we were pretty close, and it was great! Third, the performers (sorry it’s blurry!) and finally the beautiful sunset.

IMG_0754IMG_0755IMG_0756IMG_0758

The second concert we went to was a Disney concert. I was so pumped to go! I’ve been a little obsessed with Disney all summer following my maiden voyage to Disneyland. Anyway, it was also a great concert. I wasn’t so crazy about the four guest performers, but the music was great! I especially loved “Pirates of the Caribbean” but was distressed to see the closing number was “It’s a Small World” – probably one of the most annoying songs known to man. Oh well! It was still fun.

Sassy chicas!

IMG_0775IMG_0776

Two great friends

IMG_0784

The concert (traffic was horrible getting into Park City that night between the three major events going on, so we were slightly late for the concert)

IMG_0789

This is the St. Regis. It looks very nice and someday perhaps I’d love to stay there.

IMG_0790

The Deer Valley Music Festival is a great experience that I hope I get to keep attending.

No comments: