Monday, October 8, 2012

Our cute house guest

A couple weeks ago my roommate asked if we’d be okay if she dog sat for her friend while she was on vacation. I said yes and didn’t really think about it. What’s one more dog when we have this cute guy already living peacefully at our house?

IMG_0386

I was delighted when I came home on Thursday and found this little darling in our living room. Her name is Bella.

IMG_1236

I know it’s really hard to believe, but one look was all it took, and I was hooked! I call her the cute little fur ball because that’s what she is. She’s a little shorter and stouter than Max, but she is so precious! It helps that her mommy had her washed right before she came over so her fur is really soft too.

My roomie was worried about her sweet Max getting jealous with having Bella sleep in her room. So … being the kind roomie that I am, I offered to let her come and lay by me. It’s a difficult job, but somebody had to do it. It’s perfect that I now have a nice big bed where she can comfortably lay by me.

IMG_1238IMG_1242

Bella is a darling houseguest that I’ve been only too delighted to help take care of. Taking her out early in the morning before I go to work is a bit of an adjustment, but since I’m being a fake dog mom for a few days, I can handle it. I’m going to enjoy my time with her the next few days, and I have to be honest — I’m going to miss her when she goes home.

Yes it has probably strengthened my resolve to have my own dog someday, but it’ll have to wait until I have a lifestyle that’s more dog friendly. Until then, I can be the best dog aunt ever. Just ask Max. Winking smile

No comments: