Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Fun 2012

Once again it’s that special time of year when we get to celebrate All Hallow’s Eve and dress up as something we’re not. I was determined to make this one a fun one, and I’m pretty sure I succeeded.

My problem this year? A costume conundrum.

I’m unimpressed with most of the costumes they make for women because they’re … well, trashy. That or expensive. So, that means I have to create my own. That’s not a problem unless I don’t know what I want to be.

An awesome pair of fake eyelashes from my dear roommate inspired me last Friday, so I chose to be a beautiful butterfly.

IMG_1544

A close up of those cool eyelashes. And a self portrait too.

IMG_1517IMG_1564

It was a fun costume, if a messy one. The glitter on those wings gets everywhere. But I sure had fun wearing it!

IMG_1524IMG_1545

This year I had a creepy cube with plenty of spider web. On the fly (haha!) I thought it would be funny to pretend I was a butterfly caught in a spider’s web. I’d say it worked out.

IMG_1534IMG_1535IMG_1536IMG_1540

Here’s the signs I made and hung up.

IMG_1532IMG_1555

I won an award for my trouble—Most Kid Friendly Office Space for “Butterflies Are Free.” I was actually aiming for “Best Use of Spider webs” but okay.

IMG_1566

Some of the fun Halloween treats of the last few days.

IMG_1515IMG_1542IMG_1543

Before I close … a few other fun Halloween costumes, starting with Glinda and Elphaba.

IMG_1520IMG_1547IMG_1549IMG_1552

Finally, here’s another cute butterfly.

IMG_1553

Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments: