Monday, October 8, 2012

A beautiful conference weekend

Once again we just spent two days being taught and fed by the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during the Semi-Annual General Conference, and it couldn’t have been more wonderful! So many talks spoke directly to me and were exactly the message I needed to hear.

For me personally, a couple of the top themes were cheerfully handling adversity and serving others. While I don’t have a lot of adversity in my life at the moment, this conference made me feel like I need to prepare for when it happens … because I do believe it will.

I feel inspired listening to the leaders of the Church deliver messages I know they spent a lot of time, effort and prayer preparing. It just increased my testimony of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and all its teachings.

I was especially touched by Shayne Bowen’s talk on Saturday about losing his son Tyson. The lessons he learned from the experience and his testimony of the Atonement reaffirmed the lessons I learned when my beautiful niece died and how I dealt with it. I also loved Elder Dallin H. Oaks’ talk about children and how it’s our job to protect them and watch out for them. As the Temple and Family History Co-Chair for my ward, I also really like Elder Richard G. Scott’s talk about temple and family history work.

Basically, I have a lot of reading/listening to do in the next little while to remember these inspired messages and how they should affect what I do.

I had the very special experience of being invited to attend the Sunday morning session of conference. It was all that I could have wanted to have in a conference session I attended and more with President Eyring, Elder Holland and President Monson speaking and being able to hear Music and the Spoken Word before.

Here are a couple pictures commemorating the event because we all know I’m the queen of pictures after all. Sorry about the random finger in the first picture.

IMG_1243IMG_1245IMG_1247

An incredible conference weekend that’s left me determined to do and be better.

No comments: