Friday, July 17, 2009

Reflections

Today is Friday which means I have officially reached the end of another week. I find myself in a reflective mood, so you'll just have to bear with me as I think back on this week.

First of all, I was quite excited because my nights were going to be my own again. For the last two weeks I've been doing an intensive project for my freelance client, which pretty much meant my evenings were occupied. I was relieved to finish everything up last Saturday so my time was my own again, but commitments have a way of creeping in, so in some ways it didn't feel like it was my time. It's okay though because I filled it up with good things.

Not only did I have several very productive days at work, but I also attended several social events with my ward (I'm still proving that I am not, in fact, inactive), had a nice visit with a good friend that I haven't chatted with for some time, went to the temple, surprised Speak with her favorite ice cream, exercised, finished a really great book and, oh yeah, got a new medicine so my insides don't feel like they're on fire all the time. Trust me, it's already making a world of difference! And perhaps next week I might find out something else that will help me. We'll just have to see! Keep your fingers crossed for me, okay!

Anyway, it almost makes me tired writing about all these things I've done, much less having actually done them. But all in all, it's been a good week. I've learned that time is a precious gift and must not be wasted, so I hope that I've used the time I was given this week as wisely as I should have. If not, I suppose there's always next week. :)

No comments: