Tuesday, November 9, 2010

If you chance to meet a frown. . . dance it away!

This afternoon on into this evening I was just feeling blue. I don't have a specific reason (although I have a few suspects), but I just didn't feel happy. I'm a happy person for the most part, so when I don't feel happy, especially for no good reason, it frustrates me.

Although I haven't mentioned it here, Tuesdays are my Zumba night. I'm taking it as a community ed class, and I love, love, love it!!! It makes me feel so great, and I love the workout I always get from it.

I've already discovered that exercise is a great way for me to deal with emotion, so I was excited to go to class tonight. And my excitement wasn't misplaced. It brought out happy Tammy again. I left the building a much happier person than I was when I went in. On the way home I was delighted that I felt happy again and more like myself. It didn't hurt anything that I also got to talk to a wonderful friend on the phone. :) But the exercise definitely put me on the path to feeling like myself again.

Hooray for working out and especially for fantastic dance workouts!

No comments: