Friday, January 7, 2011

Ugh! No more cold!

Today as I waited 15 minutes in the freezing cold for the next train because I barely, and I do mean barely, missed th one before and then felt the arctic blast of cold every time the door opened, I couldn't help thinking fondly of spring. I can't wait for the time when it's green outside again instead of white and gray. When it's more than 10 degrees and there's no more white stuff on the ground.

Basically, I'm sick of the cold! I hate, hate, hate being cold. And I don't like the pollution in the air either. I'm not outside enough to claim that it's necessarily having any effect on my cold, but the air is extremely dirty. One of my friends put her Facebook status the other day that she felt like wearning a mask when she went outside. I'm thinking that's not such a bad idea. . .

I hate to say it, but I'm to the point where I want it to snow because it'll have to warm up and the air won't be dirty anymore! I think on Sunday that I might get my wish, which is exciting! I know, I know I see the irony of that statement too. I whine about the snow just as much as anybody else, but in this case I'd welcome it. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.

Until then, here's to hoping I can stay warm! Spring is getting closer . . .

No comments: