Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thank heaven for little girls (and puppies too) :)

I must confess that I was really lazy the other day and instead of doing something productive that made the world around me a better place in some way, I sat and read my old blog posts for quite some time. In fact, I’m embarrassed to admit how long it was. But it did help me have an important realization.

One of my goals for this year was to be more grateful. Part of that goal was to write a thankful post at least once a week in gratitude for the many blessings I receive. Yeah, I have pretty much failed at that so far. But, the year isn’t over yet! I still have time to repent. I feel like I’ve been a little too negative of late anyway, so I’d like to write something more positive.

Today I’d like to express gratitude for my beautiful youngest niece, KK. She was sent to our family at a key moment when her mother was grieving the stillborn birth of her baby and just a short time before everything started happening with Ashley. My dear sister-in-law told me a short time ago that she believes part of KK’s mission in being sent here at this time was to bring comfort. Look at this little sweetheart.

IMG_8226

In seeing her interactions with members of my family, including all my siblings, as well as my nieces and nephews, I must say I think that’s an accurate description of her. She is so sweet, hates to be dirty, is very good tempered and is so patient to let the bigger kids pack her around. She had the most fun in Yellowstone the night when she was running around with the big kids chasing her. So cute!

In addition, Ashley dearly loved her, even when she was so desperately sick and miserable. The baby truly brought her comfort, as she has all of us. She melts all of our hearts.

I had some very cute times with her while I was at home in Idaho last week. I’d like to share the pictures here. See, she was playing in the bird bath, but it’s just no fun to do it by yourself. So, she grabbed her sucker of an aunt and put her hands in the water so she could play too. And if that aunt took her hands out, well she put them right back in. I taught her to do a little dance and say “shake, shake, shake” to dry her hands off. It was really cute. She might’ve suckered a few of her cousins into playing in it too.

IMG_8550IMG_8552

IMG_8554

Here she is running around with the big kids in Yellowstone.

IMG_8228IMG_8227IMG_8234

Not that darling little girls should be compared with dogs, but I love this little pooch too. A beagle named Dot, she’s definitely still a puppy, and I wasn’t sure at first that I liked her, but since I’ve seen what a great kid dog she is I’ve changed my mind. And she looks up at you with those big brown eyes and you just melt!

IMG_8558IMG_8559

Believe me when I say I’m grateful for many, many more things. This is covering only two of them. Goodnight everyone!

No comments: