Monday, August 29, 2011

Time for some more gratitude

As I’m sure you’re well aware, today is Monday. Usually it’s my least favorite day of the week.

But not today

Several things happened that have filled my heart to overflowing. From having lunch with my brother and sister-in-law (none of my siblings live close enough for me to do this, so it’s a treat to have it happen) to finding out some exciting news on a special project to being visited by some wonderful sisters in my ward, I’m feeling the love today.

And I have to be honest, I really need it. I like to think I can make it on my own, but sometimes my cup runs a little low, and I need support from other people. I’m always willing to give it, but sometimes I need it too. It’s nice to know that other people are also watching out for me, that my Father in Heaven is letting me know He cares through them.

I can tell you without any doubt that’s what happened today.

Other great things that happened today: I got an email from a dear friend who recently moved away and I’ve been missing like crazy. I found out my brother got an internship in Utah, so he’s going to be living here, starting next weekend, for the next four months. It’ll be hard since his wife is staying in Rexburg to hold her job and their apartment there, but I will LOVE having him close by. Not to mention this is a great opportunity for him.

Sometimes when I’m feeling down, as I was last week, I question whether anybody out there cares or if I’m truly alone. Today it has been made perfectly clear this is not the case. And I couldn’t be more grateful.

No comments: