Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Return of the Bibliophile

So something very exciting happened yesterday! No, I did not win the lottery or meet the man of my dreams. I didn't do something adventurous and out of the ordinary. It wasn't happy because it stayed sunny all day instead of raining (probably because that's not what happened at all) and it wasn't because I ate at Cafe Rio, although that contributed to the special something I am referring to.

I am delighted because the Bibliophile returned to Salt Lake City!!! Yay!! The Bibliophile is my former roommate and great friend. We lived together for almost two years. She moved out last April so she could finish her last semester of school and shortly afterwards moved across the country. Happy for her that she was close to her family but sad for me as she was now 2,000 miles away. I got to visit her in March when I went to D.C., which was wonderful, but it's so great to have her back on SLC!!

She has many people she'd like to see while she's here, so I'm trying to help facilitate that as much as I can. Our dinner/ice creaming plans with a couple good friends fell through last night, but we had several close friends over for dinner tonight, and we visited our old ward today so she got to see more people she knows. Tomorrow she'll head Utah County direction to stay with a good friend for a couple days and then come back on Wednesday. Friday we'll be heading to Rexburg for our friend's wedding, which is mainly the reason she came out here.

Anyway, the point of this whole rambling post is that I'm delighted she's here!! She is one of my closest friends, and it's wonderful to have her back again, even for a short time. I'm sure she wouldn't like me to say this, but she is truly a kindred spirit. I may or may not have stories about her to post here later. . . :)

In the meantime, enjoy these couple pictures of her that I took last night, especially the second one. Let's hear it for sass!


2 comments:

kathryn said...

Tammy, you are my Anne Shirley!

Katie said...

I don't know. I think she's your Diana. She's not quite as extreme as Anne... ;)