Saturday, September 25, 2010

One of those!

Oh no! I've officially become one of those!

You may wonder--to what those am I referring? A great question.

I refer to those people who see the TRAX train pulling into the stop and make a mad dash to catch it before it takes off again.

Much as it pains me to admit it, I have joined the ranks of those dashing to catch TRAX. I've done it three times in the last week and a half, twice in the last week alone. Before I was a regular TRAX rider, I would often see people making this run as I left my building, and I'd watch with mild interest. I couldn't quite fathom the need to do so until I found myself in that situation. So, off I go!

See, if I can catch the 5:10 train from downtown, I reach Sandy just before 6, giving me a little extra time in the evening. This is especially important on the nights when I have something else after work. If I miss that train though, it's another 15 minutes before the next one comes. Now I know that 15 minutes isn't that big of a deal, but it's enough of a difference that if I see the earlier train, I will run to catch it.

Now I just have to be careful to make sure my mad dashes don't involve getting hit by a car or anything like that. I would be just plain embarrassed, not to mention injured, if that happened, so I'll make sure I'm careful, even if I have become one of those. :)

1 comment:

kathryn said...

Good thing the Metro system is underground so I can't see if there's a train to make a mad dash to. Much healthier that way.