Saturday, April 16, 2011

A few more Tammy originals

Just a few weeks ago I finished a jewelry making class. It didn’t fill all my expectations (the teacher was extremely unreliable), but I did learn some valuable and helpful things. I’m still not feeling like I’m a very talented jewelry maker, but it did encourage me to experiment a little bit and here are some fruits of my labor. I hope you enjoy.

I made this one in class:

IMG_7496

These are the pieces I made for my sister-in-law for her birthday.

IMG_7298IMG_7299

IMG_7300IMG_7302

This I made for myself. I fell in love with the brown beads several months ago but didn’t want to use them to make a watch. Thanks to the class, I finally figured out what I wanted to make.

IMG_7499IMG_7498

Last summer I took a class to learn how to make bracelet watches. It’s really fun and surprisingly easy. These first pictures are watches a couple of the watches I’ve made for myself.

IMG_7510IMG_7511

Last weekend I made (and in one case fixed) these watches for my mom, two of my sisters and my niece. Aren’t they fun? I LOVE the polka dot beads on the last watch for my sister who’s just older than I am.

IMG_7486IMG_7487

IMG_7489IMG_7490

IMG_7491

Finally, I also learned to make hair flowers, in my jewelry making class of all places. Yes, I know it’s kind of funny. These are the two I made, and I’m proud of how they turned out. I lost the headband one the other day, and I couldn’t be more crushed about that. Sad smile Hopefully the pictures show you why.

IMG_7494IMG_7493

IMG_7492

No comments: