Monday, April 18, 2011

Scared the sleep right out of me!

I just had one of the scariest experiences, and I really, really want to call someone but since it’s the middle of the night, I don’t think that’s such a great idea. Late night phone calls are never a good thing, and anyone I’d want to call doesn’t deserve to be woken up, especially since it’s not life threatening or anything.

I’ve been sick for the past couple of days and, shock of all shocks, I actually went to bed early last night because I was so tired and am trying hard to get better. I was having a weird dream anyway when I heard this huge crash in my bedroom, complete with the sound of breaking glass.

What in the world was that?!

About six months ago the light fixture in the laundry room took a flying leap from the ceiling and broke everywhere, so I thought it could’ve been the one in my room this time. Instead, I saw that my huge picture frame (I think it has 21 picture openings) had fallen off the wall and broken everywhere.

It’s always distressing to be startled awake like that, but it was worse to see this picture frame that means so much to me broken. I’d already dragged myself out of bed so I set to work picking up the pieces of the frame, particularly the glass. I don’t want to haul it out to the trash in the middle of the night so right now it’s downstairs waiting to be taken out when I leave for work in the morning.

Honestly, I think a big part of the reason this happened is because my last place had a problem with mold that I was unaware of until I moved. I discovered this frame was bowed from the moisture it was exposed to in my basement and have been concerned about that, but it’s been fine . . . until now.

But now I’m awake and am not sure I can get back to sleep. And I kind of feel like crying, which I think is relief as much as anything else. I’m kind of glad my cousin isn’t here right now because I’m certain this would’ve woken her up too, even though part of me wishes she were so I didn’t have to deal all by myself. Oh well. Now I can’t decide if I should vacuum right now or if I should wait until tomorrow. I’m leaning towards waiting though because I really don’t want to wake my neighbors up, in case that loud noise didn’t wake them already.

Here’s to hoping I can get at least a little more sleep.

No comments: